Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Urban Decay 15-Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette

Photo by Marisa
Photo by Marisa


Photo by Marisa

I kept telling myself that I did not need this palette! Kept telling myself that I have enough eyeshadow and that it was too expensive. However, these colours are unique to this palette (I'm sure one day they'll re-release them in another palette though) and I was able to get £10 off of the original price. So I caved basically :)


These are just as amazing as the colours of the Naked palette, but you get several more bright, fun colours along with some muted browns. The quality is amazing, just like the rest of Urban Decay shadows (in my opinion). The shadows are soft, pigmented, and beautiful in their shimmery and glitteryness.


Photo by Marisa (with flash)


The second, third, and fourth colour down on the first column of the palette are very sheer (you literally couldn't see them without flash). I had trouble getting good swatches of them. These were all swatched without a primer of any kind, which definitely makes a difference, but even with a base these come off sheer. 'Vanilla' makes a nice golden tinted highlight. They would all make nice washes of colour on the lid, but I think you would definitely need a cream base of some sort if you wanted powerful shimmer. 

Photo by Marisa (with flash)
Photo by Marisa (without flash)
The same thing goes for 'Tainted', 'Junkshow' 'Omen', and 'Evidence'. You can get colour out of 'Omen' and 'Evidence' if you layer enough times, but they aren't quite as bright and colorful as I would have expected for UD shadows. This is a slight letdown since these are the brightest colours of the palette, but again, maybe if I had used a base they would have slightly more colour. 


Photo by Marisa (with flash)
Photo by Marisa (without flash)
These other colours are just fine. They are similar to what you'll find in the Naked palette, but with slightly less shimmer and 'Blackout' is matte instead of shimmery. 

All in all, I think the palette was worth buying, but maybe not for the price they were selling it for. But then again I think all of Urban Decay's palettes are overpriced. Mostly you're paying for packaging, which on this palette is nice, but so overdone. Oh well. If packaging is your thing, maybe you'll like it :) I'm happy I got it though! I think 'Half Truth' and 'Deep End' are my favourite.