Saturday, April 14, 2012

Review: Nyx's Blush in 'Dusty Rose'



"Our pressed powder blush delivers sheer, silky colour that glides on, blends beautifully, and creates a natural glow. The formula is richly-pigmented and lasts for hours. Available in 24 shades." 
Source

This is the first NYX blush that I've purchased, and let me just start by saying that I'm impressed! I wasn't expecting this to have very good pigmentation, but I was entirely wrong.

Without flash.
With flash. 
Without flash. 
With flash.

This colour is a darker shade of pink (for comparison, darker than Benefit's 'Hervana', lighter than Benefit's 'Dallas') which, in my opinion, compliments fair skin better than people tend to think. It also has a very light shimmer to it, which reminds me of mineralize blushes or highlighters.

I was completely surprised by how soft the product is; whether this is good or bad I have yet to decide. After use with a brush, the product is very powdery and it gets all over the container. However, it goes onto the skin very easily because of this.

The packaging is made out of plastic, which feels slightly "cheaper" than the plastic you would get with MAC for example. But that just goes to show that you get what you pay for. It isn't bad packaging though; there are no unnecessary features to it, it opens and closes well and it's a smaller sized blush, which means it fits into a purse much better.

Overall I'm very pleased with this purchase, especially because it was so much cheaper than my usual Benefit blushes. I always feel so happy when I find good drugstore products.

Available at Ulta for $5.99.