Friday, January 6, 2012

Ulta Haul

My Ulta experience was no fun. It was my first time ever going to Ulta and I chose the absolute worst time to go. It was right after Christmas and literally...all of the shelves were practically empty. There were tons of shelves that literally had nothing on it, others that had, oh, one of two things, and then maybe three or four that were actually filled. Seriously. They were wiped out. 


I did manage to find what I had gone there to get, but overall it left me kind of disappointed because I'd heard such amazing things about it and didn't get to experience it. I definitely need to go again now that it's been restocked so I can get the full effect of Ulta awesomeness. 


So, here's the couple of things I did manage to get! 




I've been using this blush with almost every neutral/natural look since I got it. I thought that 'Dandelion' by Benefit was the perfect, natural blush shade for me, but boy was I wrong! This is definitely the perfect blush for my skintone. It has mostly a satin finish, so I sometimes like to add a little bit of a shimmery highlight to it. 




I finally got NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Milk'! Hurray! These are the creamiest, most blendable pencils I've ever owned. I was impressed by Urban Decay 24/7 pencils and how creamy I thought they were (especially 'Perversion') but they do not even come close to comparing to these! I wouldn't wear these are actual eyeliner, but as a base they work fantastically. I've also been using 'Milk' in the inner corners of my eyes, something that I've never caught on to before using the NYX pencil. Nothing would last long enough in the inner corners, but now that I've been using this, the colour has been lasting all day. So happy I bought these! 




Since my hair has gotten longer, I've been blowdrying it every morning. If I don't, it just sits flat on my head at the top, and poofs out at the bottom, giving me triangle-head. Not pretty. So I've been on the lookout for a heat protection spray. Voila! This ones awesome. It has a nice smell (kind of fruity, kind of sweet) and I like the way the little spray nozzle was made. It's easier to use that way. I've found that less is more when using this product. Hopefully in the long run this will make a big difference to the "quality" of my hair. 




Okay, so I snuck this one in; it wasn't bought at Ulta. I've been using Nivea makeup remover wipes for as long as I can remember and I honestly thought I would never change. However, as I'm now starting to realise, the state of Utah doesn't seem to sell Nivea facial products. Which sucks majorly because those are the only ones I like. So I had to stray from my comfort zone and buy something else. 
This is, by far, the most effective, awesome, incredible, I-will-never-buy-anything-else makeup remover wipe that I have ever come across! It doesn't matter what kind of makeup I'm wearing, whether it be waterproof or just a hell of a lot of eyeshadow, these wipes take it off with literally no effort. With Nivea, I had to kind of scrub, but with these, it just wipes off so nicely! I'm so glad I got these. 


And that's it! I love all of these products and am so happy I was able to get them. I recommend the Neutrogena wipes and the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils!