Friday, January 20, 2012

Tutorial: Wintery Blues


Another tutorial! 






First of all, I apologize for the less-than-great quality of both my video and my photos. I film off of my MacBook because that's the only way I can see if I'm in camera or not. My point-and-shoot, though it has amazing quality in comparison to my computer, is just too hard to ensure that I stay in the screen. I've tried a couple of different set-ups, but unfortunately, this is the only way I have to film tutorials. 

When I'm filming, I'm using a mirror that stands slanted, like I picture frame. This makes me have to face down so I can see myself in the mirror. Therefore, I again apologize for any time when I may lean too far down and you can't see everything I'm doing. I'm working on fixing this and will be investing in a better mirror soon. 

Finally, I apologize for the photos. I use my point-and-shoot, which I love and it takes amazing pictures, but I'm one of those people who has a billion bad angles on camera (not so much in person necessarily). So this doesn't help me take good pictures (I broke my nose years ago and it never got fixed; crooked nose does not like to make appearances on the internet). Though that's just me being whiny! :) Mainly, it's difficult for me to get a good photo of my full-face makeup because I, again, can't see what's in the screen, and the lighting in my room (the sun) isn't very reliable. I'm also working on this. 

So! These were the only half-decent pictures I was able to get this time. Hopefully the colour isn't too washed out and you can see what it looked like for the most part! Also, I added transition effects in the editing cuts, as well as the name of my blog in the bottom right corner; should they stay or should they go? 

Products Used:

Eyes:
Two Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Milk'
Inglot Eyeliner Gel Matte #88
Inglot Freedom System Shadow in 'Matte 367'
MAC Eyeshadow in 'Illegal Cargo'
MAC Eyeshadow in 'Warm & Smoky'
MAC Eyeshadow in 'Idol Eyes'
MAC Eyeshadow in 'Snowball'
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in 'Perversion'
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in 'Binge'
L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in 'Waterproof' 

Cheeks: 
Benefit Face Powder in 'Hervana'
MAC Eyeshadow in 'Phloof!'

Lips:
MAC Frost Lipstick in 'Soft Sable'
MAC Dazzleglass in 'Pleasure Principle'