Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Inglot Shadows



So finally I'm updating my blog again! I've got some time now to do it and I'm taking advantage of that. Let me being by saying that having a good internet connection makes a huge difference! Rather than 30 minutes, it took me about 5 to upload all the photos for this post. Needless to say, that saves me a hell of a lot of time and makes it far more pleasant to post! 


These are the five Inglot shadows I got when I went to the London store. I've been using the light brown non-stop for almost every single look that I've done! They are incredible! Although I have no photos of the colours swatched, they don't need anything. These colours (minus the brown) look exactly like they do in the palette as they do on my skin! 




I got a 5-shadow Freedom System palette. I had originally wanted more, but I was more than happy with these colours! One day, if I get the chance to shop there again, I'll buy some more :) 


Pearl 414
(More accurate photo of the colour in the picture just before this one). This colour is a dark, shimmery, mossy green. It can be blended out to give a beautiful, pearly sheer colour, or packed on to look more pigmented. 


Matte 387
This is the only matte grey of this colour that I own. It's a deeper, more visible grey than others I've seen and looks best when packed onto the lids. I like to use it as a crease colour with lighter greys or silvers. 


Pearl 447
This colour isn't so much pearly as it is frosty. It's a very pretty, light silver and is a nice change from other silvers I own that are flaky and thick with glitter/frost. 


Matte 390
Now, this colour is the one I've been using the most out of all my shadows lately (if I do a favourites post, I'm sure it will make an appearance!). It's the only shadow out of the Inglot ones that I own that doesn't actually show very well on my skin. However, that's in no way the shadows fault; this colour is far more similar to my skin colour than I thought it would be, so when I use it, it tends to blend into my skin and not show up too much. I love this about though, as I prefer to wear more natural colours shadows for everyday looks (a darker crease colour and very sheer lid). So this is perfect when paired with another matte, darker brown. It's also great to blend out the edges of other looks to take away harsh lines. 


Matte 367
This baby blue has the chalkiest texture of all five shadows. It doesn't come off super blue, instead showing up as more of an icy white. However, I bought a matte gel liner in the same colour specifically to use with this shadow as a base. This will make the colour pop. I've been waiting for a good opportunity to wear it! 


These shadows stay true to the Inglot quality that people are so crazy about. I've been loving using them :)